Thursday, December 10, 2009


SUPER REVIEW-

Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion potato chips.


With all the hype leading up to the release of this bag of chips does Ruffles deliver? Declared to be the flavor of the year by critics expectations were high coming in. I picked up my ticket for the Midnight Release last week and was surprised when I showed up at the grocery store last night. A number of fans had all ready lined up ahead of me and the cosplayers were out in force. A guy dressed as the Frito Bandito was the best dressed as far as I was concerned. Even though I had reserved a bag, by the time I got to the counter I was sad to see that my bag had an indented lower left corner. I hoped the chips had not been damaged.


Upon arriving home with the chips I scraped my tongue clean with a piece of broken glass I had found in the driveway. I sat in my reviewing chair and opened the bag. The bag rustled loudly and my mother told me to keep it down. It was now one in the morning and she was trying to sleep. Low marks for sound control. The chips on to were large and that pleased me. They were indeed unlike normal potato chips in that they were "ruffled". This was next gen stuff I was dealing with. The chips were sprinkled with small green specks. I closed my eyes and placed the chip on my tongue. It was salty and had the taste of onion, and perhaps sour cream. I began to chew. It was clear from the beginning that the ruffled chip had an all together separate structure than that of a regular chip. It was rigid and required more chewing. I didn't know how to feel about the extra work.

That was before I got out the dip.


The dip was French Onion, a hearty dip. More of a sour cream chili than anything, but I digress. Normally my dip was so stout normal chips would break under the weight of the cholesterol filled glop. These ruffles were so expertly crafted they could hold up to 80 grams of dip per chip. That's alot of flavor friends.


Final Verdict


A great chip if you're looking to dip. If you prefer to be as lazy as possible when snacking these may not be the chips for you. The sour cream and onion does not overpower the potato flavor. A good choice for the cost.




***8 Stars out of 10***

No comments:

Post a Comment